Piston/cylinder kit for CS 2152 C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtfireman85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 2152C that needs a cylinder kit. The options are pretty dizzying, any recommendations? It seems that it shares a kit with a Husqvarna 351?
I don’t see any factory options for replacement.

An OEM Husky 346XP NE top end would be the best thing you could bolt on.
I believe the 351/353 top ends are pretty much equivalent to what you have.
The later 350 cylinders (with the bolt on transfer covers) were the same but had a dished piston to reduce their performance. The earlier 350 top end would also fit.
@Bob Hedgecutter may be able to add to that :D

Just remember you're going to have to grind a bit of plastic to make clearance for the 346 transfer tunnels on the 350 case. It's not much, easy to do.
2152 is mag case, not plastic like 350. Just jred version of 353

Attachments

• j2152x22.jpg
    j2152x22.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 0
An OEM Husky 346XP NE top end would be the best thing you could bolt on.
I believe the 351/353 top ends are pretty much equivalent to what you have.
The later 350 cylinders (with the bolt on transfer covers) were the same but had a dished piston to reduce their performance. The earlier 350 top end would also fit.
@Bob Hedgecutter may be able to add to that :D

Yeah, na- you pretty much nailed it- the 2152 is basically a 353, so can use any of that family cylinder apart from the 340 and 345 that have the built in bearing cap.
Late 350 with the screw fixed transfer covers is the same cylinder as a 353 as you noted- probably easier for us to find geographically as 346's are not that common here compared to the States- or what they can get new factory cylinder kits for compared to what we have to pay! :laugh:

Back