bucking table ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone who owns a trailer or wagon ALREADY owns a bucking table,

Resized-20211030-115306-6851-S.jpg

AND if you own a tractor, you are waaaay ahead of the game,

Resized-20211030-114954-6873-S.jpg

Once cut to length, it's very easy to roll the rounds right off the trailer and onto the splitters beam,

Resized-20211030-133859-9276-S.jpg

and in my case, the splits go right off the end of the splitters grate, and into drying boxes,

row.jpg

Doing it this way is easier and I've never needed a bucking table...

SR

If I was just cutting logs I wouldn’t bother with a bucking table either, but I have a sawmill and all off the falloff is cut into firewood, so that’s a bit different.
Falloff ? I assume you are talking about slab wood.

All of the slab wood from my BSM gets picked up with the pallet forks on my tractor, and then cut for firewood with a chainsaw. It's the fasted most efficient way I've found, unless you have an automated circle mill.

SR

I store my logs on old RR ties. Keeps them off the ground far enough that its easy to get forks under them, and keeps my chain out of the dirt when I'm bucking them to length. Not as fancy as most, but cheap, quick, and easy enough for me.

Didn't realize it would be so hard to imagine, but here ya go.

View attachment 1177483View attachment 1177484

This is how I store my firewood. I can get 2 cords per stack. Where I buck them, I have a couple more RR ties in the middle to provide more support as I cut them.
So you move them from this location to another that has more railroad ties ? Maybe spaced properly for the size you cut them to ?

Latest posts

Back