Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many of the small cc Pioneer saws came equipped with 3/8" chains, the powerheads were reed valve induction and had more torque than piston ported saws make, they could pull the bigger cutters really well.
This is something I was unaware of, all my small frame pioneers run a .325 - they are some of my favourite saws. Plenty of torque, I use an 18" bar on most but have a few 14s and 16s.

I may look at putting a 3/8 drive on a couple of them in the near future now that I know this

Basic question gents:

This 1200A I have recently attained leaks fuel from the fuel cap. Based on the IPL it seems I am missing a gasket under the fuel cap.

I'll just make my own....can anyone advise approx gasket thickness I would need. Probably doesn't really matter, but just thought i'd ask before buying a cork sheet
Duckbill valve. I made one for an old poulan out of a flexible bottle cap off a seafoam container.
They are pretty thin silicone usually, can't say specifically what thickness but it is pliable

Hope this helps some

I'm referring to this gasket in yellow..once again I could make it out of any thickness I guess but I thought I'd ask.

View attachment 1177592
Ah, gotcha. Even a plumbing o-ring would work there
Are you using gasket material, or something like form-a-gasket?
Silicone would work too it's flat like a hose gasket.
No particular reason I am asking, just out of honest curiosity

Hadn't thought too hard about it....I was going to either just cut out a cork gasket or grab an o-ring.

I'm just happy that this saw runs well enough as this is my first old Pioneer saw and parts are few and far between (especially in Australia).

This is something I was unaware of, all my small frame pioneers run a .325 - they are some of my favourite saws. Plenty of torque, I use an 18" bar on most but have a few 14s and 16s.

I may look at putting a 3/8 drive on a couple of them in the near future now that I know this
The .325 chain cuts better on high RPM saws whereas the 3/8 cuts fine on older lower RPM saws back a bit further in time most saws ran larger chain types.

Latest posts

Back